Thursday, May 6, 2010

Like Soup

Laughter. It can cure anything ailing a soul... or babe. I will never forget the first time that I made him laugh out loud. I mean- OUT LOUD! It was after one of those long days. He had just begun the teething process and was a complete drool factory. We had just finished up the nightly bath-time routine and I lay him on the bed beside me to take a breather. I tend to get giddy after a long tiring day and sometimes sing really loud and make ridiculous rhymes that would kill anyone in an earshot. This time it was my son.

In a screeching crackle voice I began: "You're a drool machine. You know what I mean. You're chins-a mess. You gotta soggy chest. M-A-C-H-I-N-E. Makin' drool in the factory, fool. Drool Machine." Apparently this sparked his cackle plug because out came the most endearing belly laugh I have ever heard from an infant. I vowed to myself that night that I would never let a day pass where I didn't hear him laugh at least once. Even with an ear infection and a terrible head cold he still manages to stir up a good one.



No comments:

Post a Comment