...Went for a ride in a flying shoe,
'Hooray!'
'What fun!'
'It's time we flew!'
Said Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too...
As time passes and plans are made, this move becomes ever so real. I know that it is something that has to happen. We deserve it. Forrest needs it. Excitement and sadness both roll around in my chest. We have a lot to think about... a lot to consider. We have A LOT to take with us (three cats, two snakes, and a turtle to start). I don't know that there is a flying shoe large enough to pack the amount of love and memories that have grown here in this home... in this town... in this state. I love these hills and mountains with every speck of my being. The tree roots are my lifeline, my bloodline. The waters are my food. The dirt is my perfume. I think I'll be packing a vile of detrital matter with me just in case I ever get the craving for this magnificent place. I keep telling myself, "We'll be back. This will be home again, one day." Will it?
...Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too,
Over the sun and beyond the blue. '
Hold on!'
'Stay in!'
'I hope we do!'
Cried Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too.
Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too
Never returned to the world they knew,
And nobody
knows what's
happened to
Dear Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too...
-Sheldon Allen Silverstein
Whatever may... will be good.


Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
ReplyDeleteAnd we'll go where the chalk-white arrows go,
For the children, they mark, and the children, they know
The place where the sidewalk ends.
—Shel
I love your dad ^^^
ReplyDeleteTerrariums are a good way to take a little bit 'o the wv woods with you. I had three... and left them there with friends when we came home. I checked up on them when we visited. WV woods (mini) - still rockin' the city life.
Yes! I planned on putting together a display of terrariums made from old burnt out light bulbs... Geesh, Em. You should know what I am feelin'. So, on another similar note... Clifftop? Is your fabulous family attending this year? We can't afford much more than that this summer. I-need-to-meet-your-daughter!
ReplyDeleteDad-
ReplyDeleteI got...Lou-ci-ous.