I screamed as I flung open the door to the nursery. I startled him so much that his knees buckled and sent him rolling off to his side. I knew that it wouldn't be too far off. The picture from above taken just a few days ago shows his determination to satisfy his need for exploration. The story goes: "Forrest never naps and if he does they are few and knee-high to a grasshopper. Today he decided that he was ready to take a whopper of a nap (2+hours). Since these are such a rarity, I felt the need to keep checking up on him through the crack in the door to the nursery. Two hours later I thought to take another gander at my sleepy bear only to find that he had been awake for some time with blanket thrown to the opposite side of the crib. There he was, up on his knees swaying forward and back. I stood silent as possible since, obviously, I was not supposed to be witnessing this magnificent affair. Slowly he put one knee under his chest, bottom lip under his top, and... HE-WAS-CRAWLING!!!"



go Forrest!
ReplyDelete