Friday, March 19, 2010

Backtrack-Forward

March Sixth, 2009:

" Today was a visit to the doctor for a check-up and our first ultrasound. What a big surprise! It turns out that you are only four weeks old. Not to worry, though. We took your picture and hung it up in your newly painted bedroom. Today your daddy and I spent the day off painting your soon-to-be bedroom. It's beautiful! We painted it our favorite color, green. I hope that you will find it as peaceful and soothing as we do. Every moment that we spend dedicated to you and your arrival makes it even more real. This is a miracle and your daddy and I couldn't be more grateful. We can't wait to meet you. I hope that you are happy in your temporary home. I pray that you are healthy. We love you."

March Sixteenth, 2009:

"It's funny... Some days your presence is so strong. I can feel you growing and my body changing. There are bouts of aching, cramping, happiness, sadness, and worry. All indications that you are there. Some days... nothing. I hope that is a good sign. As much as I sometimes dislike the pain and discomfort, I like knowing that you are there. When I don't feel anything, I worry. Like a mother, I worry. I love you so much already that I worry. I want to keep you happy. I want to keep you healthy. I pray daily that you are being watched closely since I cannot see you. You cannot tell me how you feel. Tell God. Tell him what you need. He will help you. Trust him. I love you, Peanut. May my guardian angel watch over us both."

March Twentieth, 2009:

I am truly at a loss for words today! Daddy and I went to visit the doctor again today at eight a.m. and had another ultrasound. You are six weeks and .59 cm long. And... we saw your heartbeat! I have been anticipating this moment since I found out that I was pregnant with you. It is truly so miraculous. I still cannot believe that you are in my belly. We both cried with joy today. Seeing your healthy heart beating... it is such a relief to know that you are doing well. You are such a treasure in my life. We love you so much. God bless you, Peanut."

No comments:

Post a Comment