As a full-time biology/chemistry student it became difficult to keep up on these letters as much as I now wished that I had. There are only a handful of pages stamped with my handwritten memories. Shortly after classes had ended I decided that creating a blog would be a good alternative. This way once he was born, friends and family could enjoy the company of our little peanut as much as we do.
I have decided to post these letters within my blog so that they could be appreciated by all. I intended to post them a year from the day that they were written, but, well... time doesn't always allow. I would much rather be snuggling a peanut than sitting here at the computer.
"I took a pregnancy test this morning. For some reason I felt that I should. I had a feeling that you were there. The test came out half negative, half positive. I left school early today. I sat in class filled with anxiety. I got a call from daddy that he locked himself out of the house. I rushed home and then to the Dr.'s office to see if my feelings were correct. They were! I am pregnant and you are now setting up residence in my belly. I am so excited! I love you already. I cannot wait to tell friends and family about you. They will love you too. Daddy is thrilled! we sat up all night into the late hours thinking of names for you. If you are a boy: Jonah, Elliot, Simon, Eli. If you are a girl: Emma, Grace, Liliana."


I blogged my experiences too with Sylvia, and it's so cool to go back and reread my thoughts. I Love your excerpt! The pregnancy stick confirmation story--isn't that the best day ever?! :)
ReplyDeleteOnly I would end up with a stick reading of: one solid line, one half, blurry, kinda solid-ish, sorta complete second line... that was the longest history class I have ever sat through... I couldn't get to the Dr.'s fast enough!
ReplyDeleteyeah, I would of been just like you...like, yeah,yeah, yeah, blah, blah,blah, what time is it???? gotta go to docs peeps!! road runner peel out noise :)
ReplyDelete