Monday, October 5, 2009

Ants In Pants And Other Short Stories

5 weeks. At least, that's what their telling me. Back and forth. Back and forth. 'Round and 'round. In and out. I make my way to his room, repeatedly. Nesting, nesting, I sort, rearrange, and tidy. I fold, flatten, flip, and fluff over and over again. My fingers run laps 'round the edges of unread books. The words wait restlessly inside the confines of brilliantly fashioned paper covers. I tease them with tiny peeks of sunlight that leaks through the window of the nursery.

Furry and fuzzy friends gaze at me from the rocking chair. With yarn-stitched smiles they soothe me. I think that they enjoy the whirlwind amity. Brand new diapers sit tight with backs doubled over. Even they are antsy to have their purpose full-filled. The clothes from across the way seem to relate. I am going to be a mommy. I cannot wait.


3 comments:

  1. aahhh i love a nice shot of diapers in a row, and it looks like we have the same taste in books! you take such beautiful photos. do you put them anwyhere else - a flickr account or something?

    i told mikey yesterday that i want to hang out with you guys when we are home, since you are kindred-parent-spirits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Em. I have not gotten around to sorting through my photos. I keep them all in iPhoto at the moment. But, for the sake of blogging, I probably will be putting the majority of them on an online account- at some point.:)

    I was thinking the same thing, as far as us getting together. I would absolutely love to meet your little angel, as well as get a chance to spend some time with you. We should have connected years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Save some memory on that stick for the brown ones...

    ReplyDelete