Friday, November 20, 2009

We're Ironing Out The Wrinkles And Trading Them In For Rolls

Well, sorta. His father's forehead wrinkles are here to stay. It's been just shy of three weeks and our little "sprout" is doing just that. He has changed so much. The elephant-like feet, knee, and elbow wrinkles that I have been pining over since his birth are fading - all for a good cause. Successful breast feeding spackles his body, filling in all those important gaps. I am both saddened and joyful simultaneously. I have made it a point to pair a stare with motherhood. My eyes are quick like Whack-A-Mole. I don't want to miss a moment.

Gassy smiles, dreamful giggles, fuzzy ears and head, whistles void of sound, milk-scented yawns, "oi oi's" sung during diaper changes, odd glances and eye rolls accompanied by stretches, feeling the warmth of his belly on mine as we share mealtime - melt my heart. Even as he lies fast asleep, I am awed. "Dear Lord, thank you. Thank you for this miracle."

He is unbelievably strong. He is amazingly aware. He has perfected our family. I am so blessed to have two loves in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I love elephant wrinkles--perfect desrcription!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh how i miss that saggy-babby newborn skin. i have been waiting for more photos :) so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete